West Michigan Veterans Coalition
Armed Forces Dependent Scholarship
APPLICATION PERIOD: Open until September 30, 2023
The West Michigan Veterans Coalition Armed Forces Dependent Scholarship is available to Spouses and Dependent Children up to age 26 of Active Duty, National Guard, Reserves, Retired and honorable discharged members of the United States Military who are currently attending or have been accepted into either a College, University or Trade School. The scholarship may be used to support school expenses such as books, tuition, transportation, housing, etc…
- Dependents must be a resident of or attending a school in one of the following counties: Allegan, Barry, Ionia, Lake, Kent, Mason, Mecosta, Montcalm, Muskegon Newaygo, Oceana, Osceola, or Ottawa County.
- Service Member must be currently serving, retired, or honorably discharged member of the United States Military including those that have served in the National Guard or Reserves.
- Must be a spouse or dependent child of the service member and either currently attending or have been accepted to a college, university or trade school. Dependents may be a high school senior who has been accepted into a college, university, or trade school.
- Currently enrolled students must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 (or higher) on a 4.0 scale or be able to show hours toward certification of a skilled trade.
- Completed Application
- Copy of Marriage License or Dependents Birth Certificate
- Documentation of Military Service for Service Member (DD214, NGB 22, Letter of Discharge, or current orders)
- Official copy of his/her most current transcript with cumulative grade point average or credit hours toward certification of skilled trade
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (excluding family members), must be signed and dated (within the application period) by the writers
- Provide a 750-1500-word essay explaining “What does the national anthem of the United States of America mean to you”?
To apply click Apply Online below or a mail completed application to West Michigan Veterans Coalition: C/O Deb Unseld, PO Box 355, Hudsonville, MI 49426. The applications will then be reviewed by a committee and ten (10) – $500.00 scholarships will be awarded based on eligibility requirements and application criteria.