West Michigan Veterans Coalition
Armed Forces Scholarship
APPLICATION PERIOD: JULY 1, 2021 – SEPTEMBER 30, 2021
Application has closed. Check back for updated application dates in January 2022.
The West Michigan Veterans Coalition Armed Forces Scholarship is available to Active Duty, National Guard, Reserves, Retired and honorable Discharged Service Members who are currently attending either a College, University or Trade School. The scholarship can be used to support school expenses such as books, tuition, transportation, housing, etc.
• Must be a resident of or attending school in Allegan, Barry, Ionia, Lake, Kent, Mason, Mecosta, Montcalm, Muskegon Newaygo, Oceana, Osceola, or Ottawa County.
• Must be currently serving, retired or honorably discharged Service Member of the United States Military including those that have served in the National Guard or Reserves.
• Must be currently attending a trade school for certification or seeking a degree from a higher education institute.
– Associate Degree
– Bachelor’s degree
– Graduate Degree
– Credential Certification for Skilled Trades
• Currently enrolled students must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 (or higher) on a 4.0 scale or be able to show hours toward certification of a skilled trade.
• Completed copy of the application
• SANITIZED documentation of Military Service (DD214, NGB 22, Letter of Discharge, or current orders)
• OFFICIAL COPY of most current transcript with cumulative grade point average or credit hours toward certification of skilled trade
• Two (2) letters of recommendation (excluding family members) must be signed and dated (within application period) by the writers\
• Provide a 750-1500-word essay telling the scholarship committee about yourself, where do you see yourself in 5 years and how this scholarship will help you attain that goal.
Application Period: July 1, 2021 – September 30, 2021
To apply click Apply Online below or a mail completed application to West Michigan Veterans Coalition: C/O Deb Unseld, PO Box 355, Hudsonville, MI 49426. The applications will then be reviewed by a committee and ten (10) – $1000.00 scholarships will be awarded based on eligibility requirements and application criteria.