West Michigan Veterans Coalition
Armed Forces Scholarship
APPLICATION PERIOD: JULY 1, 2022 – SEPTEMBER 30, 2022
The West Michigan Veterans Coalition Armed Forces Scholarship is available to Active Duty, National Guard, Reserves, Retired and honorable Discharged Service Members who are currently attending either a College, University or Trade School. The scholarship can be used to support school expenses such as books, tuition, transportation, housing, etc.
• Must be a resident of or attending school in Allegan, Barry, Ionia, Lake, Kent, Mason, Mecosta, Montcalm, Muskegon Newaygo, Oceana, Osceola, or Ottawa County.
• Must be currently serving, retired or honorably discharged Service Member of the United States Military including those that have served in the National Guard or Reserves.
• Must be currently attending a trade school for certification or seeking a degree from a higher education institute.
– Associate Degree
– Bachelor’s degree
– Graduate Degree
– Credential Certification for Skilled Trades
• Currently enrolled students must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 (or higher) on a 4.0 scale or be able to show hours toward certification of a skilled trade.
• Completed copy of the application
• SANITIZED documentation of Military Service (DD214, NGB 22, Letter of Discharge, or current orders)
• OFFICIAL COPY of most current transcript with cumulative grade point average or credit hours toward certification of skilled trade
• Two (2) letters of recommendation (excluding family members) must be signed and dated (within application period) by the writers.
• Provide a 750-1500-word essay telling the scholarship committee about yourself and describe the most difficult challenge you’ve faced and how did your time in the military help you overcome it?
Application Period: July 1, 2021 – September 30, 2021
To apply click Apply Online below or a mail completed application to West Michigan Veterans Coalition: C/O Deb Unseld, PO Box 355, Hudsonville, MI 49426. The applications will then be reviewed by a committee and ten (10) – $1000.00 scholarships will be awarded based on eligibility requirements and application criteria.